That moment when you understand how a new-to-you storytelling technique makes your whole story come together? That’s what lights my creative fires.
As a professional communicator for more than 25 years, I’ve coached developing journalists, content writers, and bloggers. Now I work with emerging and career authors to bring clarity to their novels.
- Bachelor’s degrees in journalism (BA) and fine arts (BFA)
- More than 25 years of professional writing and editing experience as a publication editor, journalist, managing editor, content writer, tutor, and communications consultant; see my online resume at LinkedIn
- Member, Editorial Freelancers Association
- Charter member, Association of Independent Publishing Professionals
- Workshop instructor, Allen Public Library (Writing Your First Novel, Publishing Your First Novel)
- Commitment to ongoing continuing education
- Active membership in leading professional editorial communities of practice such as CE-L and EAE
- Find my articles for authors and editors at BookMachine, the Association of Independent Publishing Professionals, TheBookDesigner.com’s Carnival of the Indies, JamiGold.com, and The Proofreader’s Parlour
- See my feature interview at State of Digital Publishing
- Represented by Creative Circle
I’m also a working writer. I’m on your side of the proverbial red pen on a regular basis, and I understand what helps and what doesn’t help from a writer’s point of view.
I do all the editorial work on your book myself, with the exception of my three industrious editorial assistants—two greyhounds and a staghound. #45mphcouchpotatoes #adoptdontshop #rescue
And of course, I love books. Away from my desk, I belong to several book groups and am a voracious lover of books (and that heady grass-and-vanilla scent we love so well—mmm). I want your book to become something I’d crave curling up with in my reading chair, too.