That moment when you understand how a new-to-you storytelling technique makes your whole story come together? That’s what lights my creative fires as an editor and book coach.
Let’s turn your book edit into a master class on fiction writing. I’ll show you how to write smarter manuscripts from the start, from concept and story development to the words on the page. This is where theory and practice come together, bringing you strategies and knowledge you’ll use the rest of your writing career.
A former ballet and theatre dancer, I still bring those sensibilities to the table through my approach to creativity from a grounding in the structure, form, and technique beneath it. As a professional communicator for more than 30 years (career number two), I’ve edited and coached developing journalists, content writers, and bloggers. Now I work exclusively with emerging fiction authors—writers like you.
“(Lisa’s) the real deal. Simply awesome. In the last six months, I have learned so much. And more than that, the voice inside my head has changed her tune. Now I hear, ‘You’re going to do this.'”—Emile Horne
- More than 30 years of professional experience as a publication editor, journalist, managing editor, content writer, tutor, and communications consultant; see my online resume at LinkedIn
- Degrees in journalism (BA, news/editorial) and ballet (BFA)—steeped in both deadline and studio cultures
- Professional affiliations
- Ongoing commitment to continuing professional education
- Writing workshop instructor, Allen Public Library
- Find my articles for authors and editors at BookMachine, the Association of Independent Publishing Professionals, TheBookDesigner.com’s Carnival of the Indies, JamiGold.com, and The Editing Blog
- Represented by Creative Circle
“You need a great and wonderful editor to enhance and embolden the story; I found that with Lisa.”—Troy Christensen
editor, book coach, story consultant