(Lisa’s) the real deal. Simply awesome. In the last six months, I have learned so much. And more than that, the voice inside my head has changed her tune. Now I hear, “You’re going to do this.”—Emile Horne
That moment when your breath catches and your skin prickles as you realize how a new storytelling technique brings your story to life? That’s what lights my creative fires as an editor and story coach.
Let’s turn your book edit into a master class on fiction writing. I’ll show you how to write smarter manuscripts from the start, beginning with your story concept and continuing all the way through getting the words onto the page.
As a classically trained dancer, I approach creative fluency—your freedom of movement on the page—through a grounding in structure, form, and technique. This is where theory and practice come together. My role as a coach and editor is to show you how, in the words of the great Pablo Picasso, to learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist.
As an editor, I’ll polish your book for you. As a coach, I’ll show you how to do it for yourself. Either way, get ready to discover strategies and technique you’ll use the rest of your writing career.
A seasoned professional communicator
I’ve been in the trenches as a journalist, magazine editor, managing editor, corporate communications manager, content writer, foreign language and j-school tutor, and communications consultant; see my online resume at LinkedIn
Degrees in journalism (BA, news/editorial) and ballet (BFA)—steeped in the yin-yang disciplines of print publication and studio/stage cultures
- Editorial Freelancers Association
- ACES: The Society for Editing
- Ongoing commitment to continuing professional education
- Editorial communities of practice including Copyediting-L and Editors Association of Earth groups
As seen in—
- Resident Writing Coach, Writers Helping Writers
- The Editing Podcast—How to save money and time with book coaching
- The Business of Book Coaching Summit
- The Editing Podcast—18 writing craft blogs for editors and authors
- State of Digital Publishing
- Writing workshop instructor, Allen Public Library
- Association of Independent Publishing Professionals
- TheBookDesigner.com’s Carnival of the Indies
- The Editing Blog
Represented by Creative Circle
“You need a great and wonderful editor to enhance and embolden the story; I found that with Lisa.”—Troy Christensen
editor, book coach, story coach story consultant